Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dear MMO Gamers,

First of all (this part is not only MMO gamers) I wanted to say Happy Holidays to everyone, I hope they are filled with memories and joy.Now for the reason this topic has been posted. I am in need of an MMO. The problem is, I have yet to find an MMO to satisfy me and keep me with it. I have tried just about all the old mmo games [Everquest, Everquest 2, SWG, Vanguard, World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons, RuneScape, and so on] I have been with Vanguard since the deveolpers first started producing it, and im known as a originial vanguard poster. I was in the second beta until realese, and obviously bought it right away when it came out. However during Beta, I could hardly play the game due to my gaming rig. So before the game came out I saved up my money and got myself a very very nice custom PC in which now it runs everything, Far Cry 2, Vanguard, Crysis, all that on max settings. I retried Vanguard, got to about level 17 and then I stopped playing. I cannot stand doing the same things, I cannot stand grinding unless if it is fun. A game that I did stay with for over a year and loved it (of course I played it on and off during that year) was SWG. Im a big fan of housing, as well as mounts. I love PVP, more then I do PVE. I always play tank classes, im thinking that thats one of the problems why I always quit these games. Im just always into having that golden armor you know haha! I want to switch it up. Other games like, WoW (I played up to level 27 then quit for good, to repetitive), D%26D (Same thing, to repitive, to limited. You stay in a friggen town the whole time), EQ%26EQ2 was fun but just not for me once again. And RuneScape was my favorite, honestly it was im not going to lie. Although it was dreadfully hard to level up things and very repetitive, I loved it for some odd reason. Until my account got stolen.. Damn you! I cannot stand the start of a new character, you are so left out. You have to stay in one town, and this is where those two words i hate come in ''grinding repitivley''!!Anyway, I've done my research and found 3 games that im intreseted in. One i was actually in beta for and if I do remember, liked it a lot but did feel reptitivness. Not good! These games are,Warhammer!Lord Of The Rings: Online! (This is the one I played beta for)Age of Conan!So now I need you! Please help me in choosing this game, I want to spend my money wisley! I've read reviews for all the games, but I need you to really guide me in the path that is right for me. Thank you SO much.PS: If there is any new, or upcomming, MMO that I have not considered please reccomend! Sincerely,John Dear MMO Gamers,
You want an MMO with no repetitive game play? Good luck with that...I personally love the RPG level-up ''carrot on a stick'' type of game play. Yes, it can be repetitive, but it's just my style. Perhaps you need to try looking into some sci-fi shooter MMOs. They may have the different feel you are looking for. Dear MMO Gamers,
Well out of those three, what one would you reccomend?
This is now the final battle :PWarhammer vrs LOTRO
Considering your love of PVP, I would think Warhammer Online would be the proper choice.
EVE Onlineif five fantasy-based MMOs havent done it for you yet, none will.EVE is very cool, has awesome PvP, and is plain fun once you get past the learning curve
You should try out Eve. It is without a doubt the the hardest MMO to learn, but if you're patient enough it may be what you're looking for. It's still the only truly open-ended MMO in existence and is constantly getting upgrades to it's engine.(First launched in 2003 and because of the upgrades it's still a great looking game) They have a 10 day trial on their website, which will give you enough time to understand the bare bone basics in gameplay. There is no traditional grinding or leveling up and you don't have to worry about being outmatched by somebody who has time to play 24/7 when you can only throw in a couple hours a day. So If we both signed up right now, I put in 10min a day and you put in 15hrs a day....I would still have a similar skill level as you (provided we both chose the same skills to upgrade, which is highly unlikely). It's been about a year since I played and it's pretty hard to explain.....just give it a try.
Warhammer is okay... its really PVP based and has horrible PVE except some quests and stuff that are great fun. LOTRO is supposedly like WoW but LOTR themed, Im thinking about getting it. Age of Conan is riddled with bugs and has some extremely boring quests and areas but the combat can be bloody fun and the graphics are top notch.



Id go with LOTRO.
Try LOTRO if you are a Tolkien fan. Otherwise go with EVE.
okay guys here it is, im on ebay right now, i have the warhammer open and the lord of the rings (i cant buy both) ugh im so confused on what to choose, this is pretty much it right? can anyone make me a good bullet list?



LOTRO:

+Graphics

-Repitive Gameplay

-PVP

-''suposibly'' boring quests



Warhammer:

-Graphics

+PVP
[QUOTE=''-rukah_bear'']okay guys here it is, im on ebay right now, i have the warhammer open and the lord of the rings (i cant buy both) ugh im so confused on what to choose, this is pretty much it right? can anyone make me a good bullet list? LOTRO: +Graphics -Repitive Gameplay -PVP -''suposibly'' boring quests Warhammer: -Graphics +PVP[/QUOTE]you can get EVE for like 20 bucks right now on Steam.That includes the 14 day trial, plus 30 days included with purchase.+good PvP
+good solo content
+a whole ton of depth and variety
+awesome community
+pretty good, stable server

-steep learning curveIm telling you man, youve tried all the MMOs with goblins, elves, dragons, etc and you didnt like them too much, so its time for something different. At least play the game for free for 10 days to see it out. Go join a pirate of PvP-centric corporation when you try it out.You said you like PvP a lot so that essentially takes LOTRO off your list.
Idk man, im not really into the whole space ship thing. That was only in SWG, but you could PvP in places other then a ship
You have to try out Eve Online. It has a hard/steep learning curve, but has some great features. Steam offers a 21day trial, go play it.
[QUOTE=''-rukah_bear'']Idk man, im not really into the whole space ship thing. That was only in SWG, but you could PvP in places other then a ship[/QUOTE]



I say just give it a try, there is no risk and sounds like exactly the kind of game you're looking for (besides not being into space thing).
[QUOTE=''SuperBeast''][QUOTE=''-rukah_bear'']Idk man, im not really into the whole space ship thing. That was only in SWG, but you could PvP in places other then a ship[/QUOTE] I say just give it a try, there is no risk and sounds like exactly the kind of game you're looking for (besides not being into space thing). [/QUOTE]Ya give it a try.And it sounds like youre thinking about WAR, but it seems 95% of MMO players that give WAR a try say ''meh, its OK but got old after a month'' and go back to their old game.
i'm reading about eve online and it seems like the most interesting and deep game in existance. i really want to try it but the info is a bit overwhelming...
Eve is great but learning the game takes a bit of time.
[QUOTE=''SamiRDuran'']i'm reading about eve online and it seems like the most interesting and deep game in existance. i really want to try it but the info is a bit overwhelming...[/QUOTE]Concering EVE, there are only three things you need to do to learn it1. Do the tutorial2. Do the tutorial completely3. Do the tutorial in its entiretyOh, and remember! When in doubt, right click on empty space!
warhammer gets boring when you realise theres alot of space and things to do but noone to help you out. The ui need s bit of work too. in theory its great though but the population just isnt there. Im still waiting for the right game too (after quiting wow after a few years)....could be a very long wait.
[QUOTE=''mrbojangles25''][QUOTE=''SamiRDuran'']i'm reading about eve online and it seems like the most interesting and deep game in existance. i really want to try it but the info is a bit overwhelming...[/QUOTE]Concering EVE, there are only three things you need to do to learn it1. Do the tutorial2. Do the tutorial completely3. Do the tutorial in its entiretyOh, and remember! When in doubt, right click on empty space![/QUOTE]

4. Do the tutorial again.

No comments:

Post a Comment