Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Games For Windows Live - From the Horses Mouth!

I'm having some issues with the new GTA4 and the Games For Windows Live system. I figure I'll head over to the forums for GFWL and see if there is any sort of solution. I find literally dozons of threads of users bemoaning similar issues with zero solutions. GFWL moderators did not add any suggestions to alleviate the situation or if it was even being addressed.Then I come upon this thread... http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/t/1190.aspx Pay attention where GFWModerator (an employee of GFW Live), states that moderation of the forums is a more important job than getting game breaking bugs fixed. Keep reading further where he threatens users to permantely disabiling accounts for complaining.Fellow users... this is from an employee... vote with your wallets. NO GFWLive. Games For Windows Live - From the Horses Mouth!
I don't really think you can do too much about the employee. He did technically have a right to say what he did, as the original user did threaten spamming forums. Moderators have to take care of that, and so must give out an ultimatum. However, the mere fact that this problem has gone unresolved for over a month while the development team was simply ''notified'' is rather annoying. The worst that'll happen to the moderator is a slap on the wrist at most, I wager. I'm just glad I never actually decided to buy it, since they were having problems with GTAIV on the pc since the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment