Thursday, April 15, 2010

I got Prince of Persia 4 audio issues.

Having recently purchased PoP4 from Steam (now at a bargain X-mas price!) I was in the joly mood for a thrashing. The problem starts upon the clicking of said ''Start New Game'' button. You see, the opening cinematic with the black/blue wave speaking in the evil voices is fine I can hear everything they say. But then once the camera zooms to the Prince when hes trundling through the desert, I get no dialogue audio whatsoever from there. However when the action starts and I control the Prince, I hear all the sounds such as guards shouting and me jumping and breathing. But then when the next cinematic engages I hear not a peep of dialogue audio at all.So far I can gauge that the issue occurs only in cinematics, and it's a real bummer because I have all my sound options up and I still hear no one speaking. Is it a driver issue? Steam issue? or do I just reinstall the game? It sucks having to play through a good game like this not hearing any dialogue during cutscenes.I got Prince of Persia 4 audio issues.
On Windows XP go to control panel > sounds and audio devices > advanced > performance > hardware acceleration and make sure its set to none then click ok. That should do the trick.I got Prince of Persia 4 audio issues.
Man thanks a load, that sounds professional enough to actually do the trick! (I unfortunately and quite stupidly uninstalled and am now reinstalling the game because I thought that would fix it /sigh - I now have to wait for it to redownload). Will setting this audio option to 'None' decrease sound performance in my games in any way? Will by laser/blasting noises sound as pronounced and awesome as they did before? What does this option even do anyway?I will know if this has worked in a couple of hours and thanks a tonne for the help bud.
[QUOTE=''maddock171'']Man thanks a load, that sounds professional enough to actually do the trick! (I unfortunately and quite stupidly uninstalled and am now reinstalling the game because I thought that would fix it /sigh - I now have to wait for it to redownload). Will setting this audio option to 'None' decrease sound performance in my games in any way? Will by laser/blasting noises sound as pronounced and awesome as they did before? What does this option even do anyway?I will know if this has worked in a couple of hours and thanks a tonne for the help bud.[/QUOTE] It shouldn't decrease any sound performance if you have any more trouble just post back.

No comments:

Post a Comment