Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mass Effect Questions

Thinking of getting Mass Effect (ME) on steam but have a few questions just to make sure I will like it. I don't mind very heavy story driven RPG's but honestly I am just in the mood for some arpg type action (like diablo, ect). 1) Is there lots of meaningfull ways to customize your character with skills that have real gameplay changing effects? 2) Is there an item system where you can find special items or different levels of quality?3) I hear it's very story driven...is it still enjoyable if you play for the level up/looting/character progressing aspect of the game?4) Is it a good port? Runs well ect? It's not that I have anything against story heavy RPG's...just not in the mood lately for them. It's either ME or Bioshock for $5 on steam, although I am not interested in Bioshock so much as I am completely burned out on FPS type games. If you have any other ideas let me know...even if it's an indie game or something.Thanks Mass Effect Questions
1. yes definitely

2. don't really remember maybe someone else can fill in this gap

3. yes although they don't give you tons of opportunities to level up beyond the missions. Its pretty linear really. Not like diablo at all.

4. Excellent. very few problems for this day in age. It is stable for sure.



$5 is a great price. I was going to recommend Fallout 3 until I saw your price. Bioshock is much the same as Masseffect. Pretty linear and not much opportunity to power level. Both are more about the story. Mass Effect is probably closer but neither is like diablo. Hard to think of another $5 game. Might look at Mount and Blade. Its not a graphical wonder but its cheap, and totally a power leveling action rpg. Fallout 3 if you have more money would be good as well. There are also a lot of cheap diablo clones such as Dungeon Lords. Mass Effect Questions
I thought of a couple more recommendations that are better. You might look at the witcher, neverwinter nights, or titan quest for cheaper action rpgs like diablo.
Mass effect is very cinematic,feels like a movie sometimes,but its a crap crap crap game.Choices dont mean much..most of the planet surfaces are copy and paste jobs that would take no time at all to make...the story is mediocre...having sex with a blue aliens is always a plus though i guess...
[QUOTE=''dnuggs40'']Thinking of getting Mass Effect (ME) on steam but have a few questions just to make sure I will like it. I don't mind very heavy story driven RPG's but honestly I am just in the mood for some arpg type action (like diablo, ect). 1) Is there lots of meaningfull ways to customize your character with skills that have real gameplay changing effects? Other than the different cla$ses, nope. 2) Is there an item system where you can find special items or different levels of quality?Different levels of quality yes, unique/special items not from what I remember. 3) I hear it's very story driven...is it still enjoyable if you play for the level up/looting/character progressing aspect of the game?It is kinda but the story will make you forget about it + there will be lots of items and at a certain point after you upgrde your crew with powerful items you will sell all that you have without caring to the nearest shop. 4) Is it a good port? Runs well ect?Yep no problems here It's not that I have anything against story heavy RPG's...just not in the mood lately for them. It's either ME or Bioshock for $5 on steam, although I am not interested in Bioshock so much as I am completely burned out on FPS type games. If you have any other ideas let me know...even if it's an indie game or something.Thanks [/QUOTE]
Just a correction...ME is like $29 on steam, and bioshock is $5. I didn't mean to imply ME was $5 only Bioshock.Also, played TQ, NWN2, Witched, and some others already, but thanks for the suggestions.
Played vampire masquerade bloodlines?...if not play that instead of ME.
Can't stand Vampire...combat wasn't very good (imo) and the whole vampire setting isn't appealing to me. I am sure it is a treat for a lot of RPG players out there...just not my cup of tea.
all yes
I think Mass Effect is great. Better than The Witcher in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment