Thursday, April 15, 2010

Your Annual (2008) Expenditure on Games

Mine is 969,65 US$ (Covers only game purchases, hardware exp. is excluded).Your Annual (2008) Expenditure on Games
This year was an expensive one, contrary to what I generally spent in years prior. About a year ago my Gamespot collection was hovering around 100 titles... it is now at 176. Not including all the consoles I bought and averaging a cost of about $20 a game, that is $1500 in one year. And that is an incredibly conservative estimate. If I were to guess more accurately, the average cost for the games I've bought this year is probably closer to $30-35, which would put it up around $2600... which is somewhat disheartening considering that I've bought several consoles this year as well (Dreamcast, Saturn, 360, SNES, NES and Genesis).

What is unfortunate is that I still need to get a new computer for myself. I've been meaning to do it ever since Crysis came out.
Your Annual (2008) Expenditure on Games
Talking about how much money you spend on stuff makes you look like a prat IMHO. I'll just say I've spent a hell of a lot on games this year, it has been a lot of fun!
Id say around $500ish maybe more or less.
[QUOTE=''CellAnimation'']Talking about how much money you spend on stuff makes you look like a prat IMHO. I'll just say I've spent a hell of a lot on games this year, it has been a lot of fun![/QUOTE]



True, does sound a bit like that. Cant say i spent much. Only got a few select games i knew i would enjoy. I never splurge.
[QUOTE=''retro82'']Mine is 969,65 US$ (Covers only game purchases, hardware exp. is excluded).[/QUOTE] I really hope that's $969.65 and not $969 thousand...
probably no less than 500 for the year.
i bought about 30 2008 games, i think, including xbox 360 games, most of them priced reasonably. so $1000? not sure.
For PC games? Not much.I only bought Sins of a Solar Empire and Left 4 Dead. So around $90 total. The only other game I would have bought was Mass Effect, but EA decided to infest it with DRM. I still played it, I just didn't buy it if you know what I mean...I didn't buy much for the consoles either, mostly just rented. I bought GTA4 and Gears 2, both of which were rather meh IMHO, and I ended up selling them. I thought this was a rather weak year for gaming in general.
I don't even want to count.
[QUOTE=''The_PC_Gamer''][QUOTE=''retro82'']Mine is 969,65 US$ (Covers only game purchases, hardware exp. is excluded).[/QUOTE] I really hope that's $969.65 and not $969 thousand... [/QUOTE] Yeah, yeah. It's 969.95$
I probably spend about $1000 a year.. I don't buy a whole lot of games, and I do ask for games as gifts on Birthday and Christmas.
In USD about $900
Dunno. I lived in Thailand until June of this year and the average game price there is about $12 US. Moved back to Canada in June, but I've only bought 6-7 games at $35-50 since then.
$200-$300 range I think.
Only $120. I've only bought BIA:HH and COD5 this year. Nothing else was really worth my money IMO
$250. Relatively cheap year for me. Call of Duty 4 (360) - $60 (My 360 ended up getting stolen.

Call of Duty 4 (PC) - $50

Call of Duty: World At War (PC) - $50

Fallout 3 (PC) - $50

Sim City 4 (PC) - $20

Battlefield 2142 (PC) - $20
A LOT! pc, ps3, 360 and tonnes of games. All in all i shudder at the total estimate of over 1700 pounds ($3400)
Let's see, counting only games released this year...Sins of A Solar Empire - Got it for 40 %26euro;Penumbra: Black Plague - 30 %26euro;Assassin's Creed - 50 %26euro; :(STALKER: Clear Sky - 50 %26euro;Crysis Warhead - 30 %26euro;Mount %26 Blade - 30 %26euro;Fallout 3 - 50 %26euro;GTA 4 - 50 %26euro;= 330 %26euro;PLUS I spent A LOT of money on older games, 220 %26euro; in December alone.So damn, it's gotta be a lot of money. :cry:
[QUOTE=''RK-Mara'']I don't even want to count.[/QUOTE]Same here.

No comments:

Post a Comment