Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gta 4 Shadows

I recently got GTA 4. It works perfect except the shadows that I think they were not supossed to be like this: http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newbitmapimagemq7.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gta4shadowbn9.pngI run on Vista Ultimate Sp12gb RamAmd Athlon 64 x2 4200+Nvidia 8600 GT 512 DDR 2Gta 4 Shadows
yer, the shadows are rly bad in GTA IV.....bit of a shame, i guess the new engine their using doesnt allow for good shadows lol...Gta 4 Shadows
The only way to make the shadows look better at the moment is to crank up the resolution, which is a shame because this doesn't usually occur in other games.
The new nvidia Beta Drivers 180.84 solved the Problem for me, tho that Driver doesnt support 8600 as far as I now.
I have the latest patch and the new driver from Nvidia, it got me another 8 frames but it still is like this.
[QUOTE=''Tobio19'']yer, the shadows are rly bad in GTA IV.....bit of a shame, i guess the new engine their using doesnt allow for good shadows lol...[/QUOTE]



Actually I was extreemly impressed with shadows in GTA4 but then again I get to run it on full max on the video becuase of my new i7 :)
the shadows in the game looks terrible indeed. It seems that the whole game was meant to be played with that extremly blurry postprocessing filter you get if you press P since it doesn't support AA and the shadows looks like crap without all the blur.
Eh, it doesn't really mess with me too much. But then, I'm more into the killing people than the graphics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment