Thursday, April 15, 2010

Video Cards?

I have an older desktop, and was wondering what kind of graphics card(if any), would let me play some of the more high detailed games. Here's what I have.HP Pavilion 753nPentium 4Running Windows XP2.53GHz Intel Penium 4 processor512MB SDRAM memory80GB Ultra DMA Hard drive64MB DDR SDRAMCW-RW hp cd-writer 40x10x40x max speedDVD-ROM Drive 16x max speedWhatever video card came stock with it. Like I said, I'm wanting to play more high detailed games(like Fallout 3), if possible. If you need more information just let me know.Video Cards?
1. Wrong Forum2. I would recommend more RAM3. A better CPU4. Could you post you PSU?Video Cards?
[QUOTE=''Steameffekt'']1. Wrong Forum2. I would recommend more RAM3. A better CPU4. Could you post you PSU?[/QUOTE]Sorry. For future reference, where should I post something like this?
[QUOTE=''TheKillGuy''][QUOTE=''Steameffekt'']1. Wrong Forum2. I would recommend more RAM3. A better CPU4. Could you post you PSU?[/QUOTE]Sorry. Where should I post it?[/QUOTE]Pc Hardware forum.
Should've looked more I suppose. Thanks for the help anyways.
Fallout 3 will kill that computer, plain and simple. If you give us the mobo model we can help you with possible video card upgrades. I had nearly the same computer until I got my new one so I have a good idea of what runs if you don't put anything in it you can go up to 2004. My recomendation is ask around the boards for a list of ''vintage'' games or check out the website GoG. You don't need the latest and greatest as the sheer amount of games over the 20+ year catalogue can keep you busy way longer than new games will. I will throw some recommendations for older games.FPS;Half-LifeDoomDoom IIHereticHexenDuke Nukem 3dShadow WarriorBloodHalf-Life ExpansionsDay of DefeatCounterstrikeTeam Fortress ClassicHalo Combat Evolved RPGDiabloDiablo IIBaldurs GateIcewind DaleNeverwinter NightsRTSWarcraft IIStarcraftCommand and Conquer 10 year collection (it comes with about 10-12 games, they all ran fine)Dawn of War (probally gonna have to go low on this one)Warcraft 3 (maybe but Blizzard is great at optimizing) MMOEverquestWorld of WarcraftGuild Wars Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun :).
Damn, guess I'll have to staop being cheap and just buy a new one alltogeter. Thanks for the list of games, those can tide me over untill I decide to buy something else.
You will end up playing the old games more than you ever would the new ones anyway.. lots of classics games you can run that will keep you busy for long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment