Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Registering Valve Games on Steam to get Source:SDK

ok, if I go out to bestbuy and purchase a copy of ''Portal'' (made byValve and is the Steam list to get SDK) and then I go and register the cd-key for that game on Steam will I be allowed access to Valve's Source SDK?Registering Valve Games on Steam to get Source:SDK
That should work, you should also get the Orange Box SDK

Though it's easyer just to buy on steam and downlaod it, they have a sale on nowRegistering Valve Games on Steam to get Source:SDK
It is my understanding that any valve game you buy..whether it be on steam or at the store, is ultimately still activated through steam and you will thus get all the normal downloads that would normally go with your purchase. Not sure if that includes the SDK but i'm pretty sure it does. i'm not sure myself because I have sdk access but I bought most of Valve's software at different times and as such i don't remember if it came with any particular one.
how does the SDK work exactly? do you get content only for that one game to mod or all of them?
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Category:Source_SDK_FAQThis should answer your questions.
  • blushed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment